YORK SUBURBAN SCHOOL BOARD
PLANNING COMMITTEE MEETING
APRIL 6, 2015 - 7:00 PM
RONALD H. PROVARD EDUCATION CENTER
There will be an Executive Session at 6:30 PM.
A G E N D A
- General Business
Call to Order - Mr. Miller
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
- Roll Call
- Board President's Report - Mr. Miller
- Executive Session. The Board met in Executive Session following the regular monthly meeting on March 16, 2015 and prior to this evening's meeting for the purpose of discussing personnel and/or legal issues.
- 2015-16 Calendar - Board Meeting Schedule Discussion
- York Suburban Educational Support Personnel Association Negotiations. A committee of the Board and the administration met with YSESPA representatives on March 17 and April 1 for the purpose of contract negotiations.
- Superintendent's Report - Dr. Merkle
- District Affiliated Report - YS Education Foundation. Sarah Reinecker, YSEF President, and Mac Brillhart, YSEF Vice President, will provide a brief report on the work of this organization.
- District Goal Update. Mrs. Gross will provide a report on the status of the partnerships that the District has been building.
- Early Learning Initiative. The Administration is recommending the addition of a preschool program for implementation in the fall of 2015 through the partnership with Hildebrandt Learning Centers. This is a proposed revision to the timetable previously discussed with the Board. The York Suburban Administration and Hilebrandt officials agree that we are fully prepared for fall 2015 implementation of preschool and it will provide more immediate service to district residents and staff.
- Business Office Report - Ms. Mason
- Items being recommended for approval on April 13
- Contract for Hildebrandt Learning Centers, LLC for Before and After School Child Care and Half Day Kindergarten Enrichment and Preschool Programs
- Contracts for the High School Secure Visitor Entrance and Office Renovations
- Advertising and Solicitation of Bids for Valley View Dry Sprinkler System
- Student Activity Account - Gay-Straight Alliance
- 2015-16 Proposed Final Budget Resolution
- Informational Items
- East York PTO - Donation in the amount of $175.60 for the bus for Grade 5 Holiday Concert
- Indian Rock PTO - Donation in the amount of $955, Gettysburg National Park reservations for Indian Rock students for $592 and Grow to Know for $463
- Trojan Soccer Club - Donation in the amount of $500 toward the upkeep of the field
- PlanCon Part K: Project Refinancing. A letter from the PA Department of Education dated March 27, 2015 was received approving our submission of PlanCon Part K to refinance a portion of the General Obligation Bonds, Series 2010A and 2010B. As instructed in the letter, this document and attachments are to be entered into the minutes.
- Student Board Representative Report - Jessica Renjilian
- Committee Reports - Mr. Miller
- Academic Standards & Curriculum Committee - Mrs. Clancy
The committee endorses the following administrative recommendation:
Revision to 2015-16 Calendar - Request for early dismissal for high school students with the addition of the Midterm and Final Exams
- Communications Committee - Mrs. Schroeder
The minutes of January 12 are provided.
- Facilities Committee - Mrs. Freireich
The minutes of February 18 are provided.
- Finance Committee - Mr. Posenau
The minutes of February 25 are provided.
- Policy Review Committee - Ms. Bates.
- The minutes of February 24 are provided.
- Policy Revisions. The Policy Review Committee reviewed the following policies and will recommend Board approval at the meeting on April 13:
- 609 - Investment of District Funds
- 701 - Facilities Planning
- 800 - Records Management
- 801 - Public Records
- 802 - School Organization
- 803 - School Calendar
- 804 - School Day
- 805 - Emergency Preparedness
- 805.1 - Relations with Law Enforcement Agencies
- 807 - Opening Exercises/Flag Displays
- 808 - Food Services
- Delete 808.1 - Free or Reduced Cost Lunches
- 810 - Transportation
- 810.1 - Drug/Alcohol Testing - Covered Drivers
- 811 - Bonding
- 812 - Property Insurance
- 813 - Other Insurance
- 814 - Copyright Material
- 818 - Contracted Services
- 822 - Automated External Defibrillator (AED)/Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- 828 - Fraud
- 830 - Breach of Computerized Personal Information
- Additional Committee Reports/Announcements
Committee Meeting Schedule
- Legislative Policy - Mr. Sears
Resolution Urging the General Assembly to Establish a New Funding Formula for Basic Education
Resolution Calling for Reform of Funding for Cyber Charter Schools
Resolution Urging Legislative Action on School Employee Pension Reform
- Lincoln Intermediate Unit - Mr. Sears
The "...by Dawn's Early Light" of March 17, highlights of the LIU Board meeting, is provided.
- York Adams Academy - Mrs. Freireich
- York County School of Technology - Mrs. Schroeder
The Mini-Board Report of the Joint Operating Committee meeting of March 26 is provided.
- Comments and/or Questions from the Public
There will be an opportunity for public comment at the end of each report.
There will be an Executive Session immediately following the meeting.