YORK SUBURBAN SCHOOL BOARD
PLANNING COMMITTEE MEETING
OCTOBER 10, 2016 - 7:00 PM
PROVARD EDUCATION CENTER
A G E N D A
- General Business
Call to Order - Ms. Leopold-Sharp
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
- Roll Call
- Public Comment. All comments and questions will be addressed to the President. Board and staff members will not normally respond to comments or questions during the meeting unless recognized by the President for this purpose. Comments will be limited, at the discretion of the President, to five minutes or less.
- Board President's Report - Ms. Leopold-Sharp
- The Board met following the Regular Monthly Meeting on September 26, 2016 in Executive Session as permitted by Section 707 of the Sunshine Act for the purpose of discussing personnel items. No official action was taken.
- Board Professional Development Plan - Education for Board Members - Goals and Objectives - Policy 004-Membership
- Nominating Committee - Ms. Leopold-Sharp will be seeking volunteers for Nominating Committee.
- Superintendent's Report - Dr. Merkle
- All-Sports Boosters - Dr. Merkle will provide a brief report.
- Let's Talk YS - Dr. Merkle will provide a report on this outreach forum.
- Full Day Kindergarten Study Update - Dr. Merkle will provide a brief update on this study.
- School Performance Profile - The Administration will provide information on the District School Performance Profiles.
- Business Office Report - Ms. Mason
- Items being recommended for approval on October 24
- The Administration recommends Board approval of a three year contract with Jostens Yearbook in the amount of $32,190. This would be for the years 2017-2018 through 2019-2020.
- The Administration recommends Board approval of the catering contract with Wisehaven Catering and Events for the Academic Awards to be held on May 15, 2017. Total amount of the contract is $1,261.95.
- The Administration recommends Board approval of Harry L. Peeples to continue to be exempt from paying real estate taxes for the property located at 1846 Clover Lane, York, PA (Parcel 48-000-21-0092-00-0000-E) as approved by the Pennsylvania State Veterans' Commission. This would take effect for the 2016-17 fiscal year.
- The Administration recommends Board approval of the bid from ________ for a total amount of $________ for the Yorkshire Elementary secure entrance.
- The Administration recommends Board approval of the advertising and soliciting of bids for snow removal for the District.
- The Administration recommends Board approval of the Proposal for Professional Services required for renovations to the Stadium Field with Turf, Track & Court, LLC in the amount of $________.
- Informational Items
- Donation from York Suburban All-Sports Booster Club in the amount of $845 - $619.77 for swimming supplies and $225.23 for boys volleyball supplies.
- Donation from DonorsChoose.org of three Kids Kore Wobble Chairs valued at $185.85 to Yorkshire Elementary.
- Donation from Valley View PTO in the amount of $518.27 for Valley View Elementary field trip transportation to Perry Dell and Flinchbaugh's.
- Donation from Yorkshire PTO in the amount of $1,179.70 for May field trip transportation.
- Student Board Representative Report - Peyton Stuart
- Committee Reports - Ms. Leopold-Sharp
- Personnel Committee - Ms. Bates
The minutes of June 7 and August 2 are provided.
- Policy Review Committee - Mr. Thoman
- The minutes of August 23 are provided.
- The Policy Review Committee will be recommending approval of the following policy revisions.
- 000 Board Policy/Procedure/Administrative Guidelines
- 002 Authority and Powers
- 004 Membership
- 810.2 Transportation - Audio/Video Recording (new policy)
- Additional Committee Reports/Announcements
- Lincoln Intermediate Unit - Mr. Robinson
The LIU ...by Dawn's Early Light Board Meeting Highlights of October 4 is provided.
- York Adams Academy - Mrs. Freireich
- York County School Technology - Mrs. Schroeder
The YCST Joint Operating Committee Mini-Board Report of September 29 is provided.
- Board Meeting and Committee Schedule
- Comments and/or Questions from the Public. All comments and questions will be addressed to the President. Board and staff members will not normally respond to comments or questions during the meeting unless recognized by the President for this purpose. Comments will be limited, at the discretion of the President, to five minutes or less.
There will be an opportunity for public comment at the end of each report.
THERE WILL BE AN EXECUTIVE SESSION IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING THE MEETING.