YORK SUBURBAN SCHOOL BOARD
PLANNING COMMITTEE MEETING
NOVEMBER 7, 2016 - 7:00 PM
PROVARD EDUCATION CENTER
A G E N D A
- General Business
Call to Order - Ms. Shaffer
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
- Roll Call
- Public Comment. All comments and questions will be addressed to the President. Board and staff members will not normally respond to comments or questions during the meeting unless recognized by the President for this purpose. Comments will be limited, at the discretion of the President, to five minutes or less.
- Board President's Report - Ms. Shaffer
- The Board met following the Regular Monthly Meeting on October 24, 2016 in Executive Session as permitted by Section 707 of the Sunshine Act for the purpose of discussing personnel and legal items. No official action was taken.
- A committee of the Board met with representatives from York Suburban Education Association (YSEA) on October 26, 2016 at 6:30 PM in Executive Session for a Fireside Chat as permitted by Section 707 of the Sunshine Act for the purpose of discussing Personnel matters. No official action was taken.
- Nominating Committee Report - The Nominating Committee will meet on November 16 at 6:00 PM in the Education Center.
- Superintendent's Report - Dr. Merkle
- District-Affiliated Report - YS Communities That Care - Melissa Plotkin, CTC President; Kristy Atkinson, CTC Mobilizer
- Full Day Kindergarten Study Update - Dr. Merkle will provide a brief update on this study.
- Chapter 339: Guidance Services Plan
- District Goals Update - Dr. Merkle will provide a brief update.
- Professional Development Report - Dr. Maloney will provide an overview of the Professional Development program for the school year.
- Business Office Report - Ms. Mason
- Items being recommended for approval on November 21
- The Administration recommends Board approval of the 2015-16 Audit Report.
- The Administration recommends Board approval of a transfer of $500,000 to the Capital Reserve Fund.
- The Administration recommends Board approval of the IDEA Pass-Through Funds Allocation Agreement for 2016-17. The estimated allocation is $381,897.
- The Administration recommends Board approval of advertising and soliciting of proposals for Transportation Contract.
- The Administration recommends Board approval of advertising and soliciting of bids for the Stadium Field turf replacement.
- The Administration recommends Board approval of the catering contract with Wisehaven Catering and Events for the Academic Awards to be held on May 15, 2017. Total amount of the contract is $5,319.
- The Administration recommends Board approval of the Catering Sales Agreement with Wyndham Garden York for the May 20, 2017 York Suburban Prom which includes a room rental of $1,000.
- Informational Items
- Valley View PTO donation in the amount of $328.22 for the field trip to Nixon Park on April 15.
- Trojan Wrestling Club donation in the amount of $6,804 for the purchase of a wrestling mat.
- Student Board Representative Report - Peyton Stuart
- Committee Reports - Ms. Shaffer
- Academic Standards & Curriculum Committee - Mrs. Schroeder
The minutes of August 31 are provided.
- Finance Committee - Mr. Posenau
The minutes of August 24 are provided.
- Policy Review Committee - Mr. Thoman
The Policy Review Committee will be recommending approval of the following policy revisions.
- 004-BOG-1. Filling a Board Vacancy
- 004-BOG-2. Application to Fill a Board Vacancy
- 004-BOG-3. Process to Fill a Board Vacancy (New)
- 004-BOG-4. Reimbursement for Expenses
- 004-BOG-5. Expense Report
- 005-BOG-1. Duties of Board Officers
- 005-BOG-2. Board Standing Committees
- 005-BOG-3. Functions of Standing Committees
- 005-BOG-4. Solicitor Services
- 005-BOG-5. Solicitor Letter
- 005-BOG-6. Questionnaire for Propspective District Solicitors
- 005-BOG-7. Employment of Consultants
- 006-BOG-1. Public Notice of Board Meetings
- 006-BOG-2. Official Board Minutes
- 006-BOG-3. Abstentions from Voting
- 006-BOG-4. Abstention from Conflict of Interest Memorandum
- 212 Reporting Student Progress
- 235.1 Surveys
- 246 Wellness
- Additional Committee Reports/Announcements
- Lincoln Intermediate Unit - Mr. Robinson
The LIU ...by Dawn's Early Light Board Meeting Highlights of November 1 is provided.
- York Adams Academy - Mrs. Freireich
- York County School Technology - Mrs. Schroeder
The YCST Joint Operating Committee Mini-Board Report of October 27 is provided.
- Board Meeting and Committee Schedule
- Comments and/or Questions from the Public. All comments and questions will be addressed to the President. Board and staff members will not normally respond to comments or questions during the meeting unless recognized by the President for this purpose. Comments will be limited, at the discretion of the President, to five minutes or less.
There will be an opportunity for public comment at the end of each report.
THERE WILL BE AN EXECUTIVE SESSION IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING THE MEETING.